[ale] Wireless?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Tue Jun 13 00:18:31 EDT 2000

I've been doing some free work for a local charter school to help them
get closer to the technology curve.  We now have a working proxy server
and a samba fileserver is next.

At any rate they need to network a number of buildings separated
by hard concrete.  The district is pushing for suspending fibre
overland with the power/phone lines.  I'm thinking wireless.  I've got
about 500" of clear line of sight to go.  Any good solutions?  Preferably
as cheap as possible.  Backing it with a linux box is also a good
thing if it helps.

Thoughts?
  Robert

:wq!