[ale] POP mail server

Michael Smith MSmith at webtonetech.com
Mon Jun 12 15:43:31 EDT 2000

I know this should be simple enough but.....

I just purchased a new domain name and I wanted to use a pop / smtp mail
server for mail delivery.  I just pulled down popa3d and changed my mail
exchange record(actually 2 days ago) to aim at my new domain.  I attempt to
send mail from an account(hotmail for example) and I can see an smtp
connection from hotmail in my ip log but when I attempt to connect to the
pop mail server to get mail, no mail exists.  I authenticate OK but I always
have no mail.  I never receive a "User not found" error back in hotmail so I
think it's being delivered.  Is there a setting or something that I am
missing.  I don't seem to find alot on POP out there.  Any ideas??

Michael A. Smith
Senior Software Developer