[ale] direcpc

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Sun Jun 11 09:18:54 EDT 2000

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Wandered Inn wrote:

> "Dunlap, Randy" wrote:
> >
> > http://www.direcpc.com/  (without the 't')
>
> Anyone using this service with Linux?  The site OS requirements are all
> M$.

It seems like it would be tricky, you need to have your incoming and
outgoing traffic follow different routes -- the satellite brings incoming
traffic only.  You need to have outgoing go through your modem.  I also
suspect proprietary protocols.

There are better satellite services around the corner.  Hang in for one
year, I think you will find it to be worth the wait.  The ones being
promised for 2001 are bidirectional, faster than 400k, and cheaper.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
Don't Steal - The government hates competition.