[ale] My gateway route disappears when I ping or wait a few seconds

Malcolm.Silberman at BassHotels.com Malcolm.Silberman at BassHotels.com
Fri Jun 9 11:22:36 EDT 2000

I have a very simple set-up. My Linux Mandrake 7 is connected through a
router to the Internet. I have the router IP set as the gateway address. All
my other addresses look to be ok, including network, broadcast and netmask.
When I do an ifup, and route -n, I see the default gateway and am able to
ping the Linux server from an external system. But a few seconds later the
router table drops the gateway information, and I can no longer see the
server.

Any ideas?