[ale] FW: [ISN] Microsoft Outlook patch delayed again

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at dvsg.sciatl.com
Wed Jun 7 17:03:03 EDT 2000

"Christopher S. Adams" wrote:

> it's not outlook that's at fault anyway
> i say the people who actually ran the vbs script, their companies deserved
> it for hiring people of limited mental capacity

I say that it *is* Outlook at fault, for *RUNNING UNTRUSTED EXECUTABLES* from
the mail area.  I mean, Java pointed out the need for a sandbox over 3 years
ago, and Outlook still allowed *FULL ACCESS TO ALL PARTS OF THE MACHINE*

Sure, the people who clicked on the .vbs are slow, but M$ makes much hay out of
being the 'innovator', so why didn't Outlook have this safety feature?

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |