[ale] RH6.2 and Sparc

Mark Cotner mcotner at va.rr.com
Tue Jun 6 00:56:40 EDT 2000

Hi all,
Has anyone had any luck with RH6.2 and a sparc?  Here's what I've tried
so far.  I'm not at all new to RH, but this'll be my first Sparc w/o
Solaris.  Any help would be appreciated.

Here's what I've attempted so far.
wrote ISO to CD . . .
Won't boot because the /etc directory is corrupt in ISO??  I attempted
this several times with several vendor's CDs to no avail . . . same
error every time . . .

FTP install??
not a chance . . . downloaded boot-net64.img . . . then had to rename
because rawrite doesn't understand more than 8 characters(way to go RH)
. . attempted boot floppy from eprom and I get SILIllegal Instruction .
. . I attempted the other images(boot32.img(knew that one wouldn't
work), and boot64.img) to no avail as well

Tha machine . . .
Sun Ultra 1 167MHz
256MB RAM and 2xSun 4.2G SCSI drives

Tia,