[ale] [Fwd: Returned mail: Local configuration error] (fwd)

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Mon Jun 5 17:58:16 EDT 2000

You have recursively looping rules, probably something that says

  @mail.wirelessoutlet.net -> @wirelessoutlet.net

but the MX for 'wirelessoutlet.net' points to 'mail.wirelessoutlet.net'

(i.e., you're trying to deliver the mail to the yourself)

You could change the mapping to

  @mail.wirelessoutlet.net -> @localhost

but a better solutions would be to make 'mail.wirelessoutlet.net'
an alternate name for the SMTP server

I generally see this crop up when using 'linuxconf'.