[ale] suse 6.4

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat Jul 29 19:21:11 EDT 2000

"Christopher S. Adams" wrote:

> yeah, the rpm's are different
> most rpm's you need are on suse.com
> and others are now usually included with the source on a program's homepage
>
> suse was by far the distribution i like the best
> it was incredibly easy to use, and get this, things usually work :)

I'll agree.  Problem is, when I want to upgrade something, I can't get
it from www.rpmfind.net as I have in the past.  Apparently, because the
rpm is named different, the dependencies are all screwed up.

Suse has been, by far the most flawless install I've ever had, I just
don't know if I'll be able to stick with it since I can't find the rpms
I'm looking for.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation