[ale] FAQ: I need to fake DOS' kbhit(), getch()

John Mills jmills at tga.com
Thu Jul 27 16:51:17 EDT 2000

I've inherited a MSWin console application which tests for operator
keystroke input while repeatedly calling a service routine, then exits on
a keystroke. Could someone please remind me how to fake those DOS-style
tests in UNIX/Linux, or suggest a library with exports these
Borland/MS-style functions? I have seen this, but draw a blank at present.

I could use Stevens' APUE/Ch.11 examples, but a handy-dandy interface lib
would be great!

TIA-

   John Mills
   Sr. Software Engineer