[ale] GUI opinions

Justin Russell justin.w.russell at lmco.com
Thu Jul 27 11:29:40 EDT 2000

I am looking at building a GUI for a small application - C program.  I
am looking for opinions on the "best" route to take to develop a GUI.  I
would like to do something where the learning curve isn't too steep.  I
am leaning toward GTK+ since I can compile and link it right in with my
application, and it looks "nice" to me.  However, I would like to have
the option of porting the app. to other OS platforms.  I know a small
effort is underway to do this with GTK+, but I am not sure how serious
this is.  The reason I am leaning away from Tk/Tcl is that the
source/script must be provided (Though in general I don't have a problem
with this, in this case I don't want people to touch the source and then
expect me to fix the mistakes).  Any opinions?

Justin

 Justin W. Russell
 Engineer Senior, Aerodynamics/CFD
 Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company