[ale] Stupid VCD question

cfowler at linuxiceberg.com cfowler at linuxiceberg.com
Tue Jul 25 22:14:51 EDT 2000

I am currently using mtvp to play video cd's.  My screen resolution
is 800x600 and it seems that the movie is around 320x240 or somewhere
on that line.  I winbloze if I change to full screen the movie
takes up the whole screen as if it has been stretched to 800x600
or the resolution of the screen reduced to fit the display of
the movie.  I would like to have that capability in X.  Now when
I play the movie it looks like a small box in the middle of a
big black screen.  I'm playing this on a 27" monitor that also
doubles as TV.  Does anyone know how to get mtvp or another VCD
palyer to scale the movie to the resolution of the screen?  I've
tried adding smaller resolutions to the X config file but that
seems to make no difference.  There is a mention of a variable
called MTVP_DISPLAY and the documentation mentions nothing of
it.

Any help would be appreciated,
Chris

-----