[ale] netscape/fonts

Steve Hamlin steve at hamlinX.com
Mon Jul 24 00:57:25 EDT 2000

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, David S. Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I installed Netscape 4.7 US, the fonts wound up being really
> big on the menubar, etc, of the app itself.  Is this an
> .Xdefaults type solution to make them smaller?  I didn't see
> anyplace in ~/.netscape/ or in preferences where this could be
> fixed?  Any ideas?

Here is a snip from my .Xresources:

#define FONT			lucidasans-10
#define BOLDFONT		lucidasans-bold-10
#define IFONT			lucidasans-italic-10
#define MONOFONT		lucidasanstypewriter-12
#define MBFONT			lucidasanstypewriter-bold-12

!------------------------------------------------------
!Netscape*background:			gray76
!Netscape*defaultBackground:		TEXTBG
!Netscape*XmTextField.background:	TEXTBG
!Netscape*XmText.background:		TEXTBG
!Netscape*XmList.background:		TEXTBG
Netscape*fontList:			FONT
Netscape*borderWidth:			0

---
I got this from some "plain X" suggestions from the author of the
lightweight windowmanager "aewm".  He also has some good stuff for
making Xaw widgets look nicer.

http://www.red-bean.com/~decklin/athena/

---
Also a recent article in Linux.com TuneUp by someone at RedHat about
all sorts of ways to make Netscape look better.