[ale] Wearables? Auto-mounted?

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Fri Jul 21 15:40:03 EDT 2000

Matthew -

Noritake (yeah, the same Japanese company that makes china) makes
vacuum-fluorescent displays.  I think that VF displays might be more
friendly to your application than LCDs (~20-150 deg. F in this seething
clime).  Some of both VF and LCD character displays sometimes have enough
drive circuitry built in that you may be able to run the display from a
serial port.

- Jeff