[ale] Red Hat 6.1 Hard Drive always accessing

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Thu Jul 20 09:22:17 EDT 2000

I know this sounds like a DUUUUHHHH! sort of thing, but are you certain that
the LED's connector is actually completely on the mobo's LED pins?  This may
not be obvious under casual inspection - oftentimes, the HDD LED header is
right up against other headers end-to-end on the mobo and you may not
necessarily be able to see the header straight-on.  If the connector is
bridging one pin on the HDD LED header and another pin on another header, it
can result in this kind of symptom.

- Jeff