[ale] Ethernet Problems - Please help

Jared Lyvers mcgregor at lewiscommunications.com
Tue Jul 18 15:12:20 EDT 2000

My webserver just had a drive fail, so, I rebuilt it w/ a new drive using
Col 2.3.  No big deal right?  (  I do this in my fracking sleep )  However,
when I load up system w/ both nic cards one 3Com and one Digital 21140 they
both come up just fine and show that they are there in ifconfig, but my second
card ( 192.168.1.3 ) will not respond on the network.  I cannot ping any
machine through eth1.  I know this has to be simple,  but for some reason I
cannot get it to work.  Please help
Thanks
Jared

network looks like the following

		Linux box
		    _|_
	eth0			eth1
	192.168.2.3		192.168.1.3
	i see all in this net	i see nothing in this net

--
Do, or do not.  There is no try.  --Yoda

Jared Lyvers
System Administrator
Lewis Communications | Birmingham
205.980.0774 x3047