[ale] Linux coders @ GT needed

Robert Butera rbutera at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 18 15:09:01 EDT 2000

Any GT undergrads (or grad students) out there?

I have a need for one of more undergrads to write code.  Other
altruistic individuals could also participate.

The initial task is to take a pile of code I have written that runs under
RT-Linux, learn it inside out, and modularize it better (break it up into
several standalone kernel modules and organize the source a little better).
I can provide the details to any who ask.  Required skills:

minimum: 	experience programming in C under Linux
preferred:	above, plus experience compiling kernels, writing kernel
		modules, using device drivers

In the process you'll learn RT-Linux (see www.rtlinux.org for more info)

This would be a great project for a sophomore, since there are extensions to
this project in the future that could draw on experience you'll acquire in
your future courses (for example, next year we'll be adding a front-end
parser to this software).  But I really don't care what your major is, just
that you think "coding is fun."

Compensation: Depending on your background and experience, you can either
register for "Undergraduate Research" (course credit), or get paid (if
you have more experience).  They pay is rather insulting and at rates set
by my department, which are a function of class standing ($8-$10/hour).
Most of you with these skills can make way more $$$ I'm sure ...

Email me for more info.

Robert Butera, Assistant Professor
Institute for Bioengineering and Biosciences
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 30332-0363 USA
--> http://www.ece.gatech.edu/users/rbutera/