[ale] Media One Internet Service

Venky Narayanan venky at skyline.external.hp.com
Mon Jul 17 15:50:11 EDT 2000

All,
I am planning to go for Media One Cable Internet Service soon. I have some
doubts about it. Scene being...
We have 4 computers home networked with a 5 port hub. I have a linux m/c
(486dx2 16MB running Suse6.3).  I am in the process of setting up IP Masq in
the linux m/c.
We are planning to go for a Single IP Connection with Media One and Share
the Bandwidth with all the computers with Linux Box (486) as gateway.
When I talked to Media One they said that we need to get Multiple IP for
this and they said they don't support Linux.
Have anyone done anything like this.

TIA,
Venky