[ale] Problem w/new kernel

Scott Nolde smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Mon Jul 17 13:13:24 EDT 2000

Need the info:

What kernel version are you trying to compile?  What architecture (i386,
i586, i686)?  What features are you adding by compiling the kernel?

What steps did you take to compile the kernel?  Does "make dep clean
bzImage modules modules_install" sound familiar?  Did you move the
bzImage to the /boot directory?  Did you configure and run lilo for the
new kernel?

More info as to what you did prior to recompiling and rebooting will
help us troubleshoot this faster.

- Scott

David Corbin wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade my kernel, and I'm having a problem.  The new
> kernel "freezes" right after
> lilo offers the following line.
>
> Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
>
> Any ideas on what to investigate?
> --
> David Corbin
> Mach Turtle Technologies, Inc.
> http://www.machturtle.com
> dcorbin at machturtle.com

Never do Windows again with  |  Scott M. Nolde
Linux!  No streaks, haze or  |  smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
glaze!                       |