[ale] Linux-friendly ISPs?

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Sun Jul 16 00:51:26 EDT 2000

I dunno about the domain-hosting part, but Telocity's DSL service is working
well for me in that I have had essentially zero - no, make that just plain
ZERO - issues as a result of doing Linux instead of Windows.  I also like
the fact that their home page for users is not geared to
least-common-denominator "brain-dead AOLers" (Weird Al Yankovic's term).

The DSL box that Telocity sends to you hooks up to the phone line (after the
telco provisioning, of course).  You hook up a single machine to it via
Ethernet (if you use Windows you can use USB, Ethernet, and even parallel
port), make your machine send a DHCP request to the box, and you're on.

- Jeff