[ale] NVI blew up

Yu, Jerry zyu at Ptek.com
Fri Jul 14 14:58:57 EDT 2000

:startLine#, endLine# w firstFewLines.txt

eg. to write line number 9 and 10 to a file called 9-10.txt

:9,10 w 9-10.txt

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Robert L. Harris wrote:

#
#
#Ok,
#  I was editing a file when the box went down.  I was using NVI.  When
#I do the "vi -r script.pl" it looks nice, until I try to write the
#file out, then I get a memory fault.  Trying to scroll and do screen
#shots, it blows up at line 133 and says it cant read that line.  Is
#there a way to "dump" the vi output one line at a time?  There are
#only 150 lins, and I could probably rebuild the rest alot easier than
#the whole thing.
#
#Theories?
#
#
#:wq!
#Robert L. Harris                |  Micros~1 :
#Senior System Engineer          |    For when quality, reliability
#  at RnD Consulting             |      and security just aren't
#                                \_       that important!
#DISCLAIMER:
#      These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one else.
#FYI:
# perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
#
#--
#To unsubscribe: mail majordomo at ale.org with "unsubscribe ale" in message body.
#

Jerry Yu				mailto: z.yu at ptek.com
Systems Engineer			https://punch/~zyu
PTEK Holdings, Inc.			+1-404-262-8544 (O)