[ale] Mailing script clues requested

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Mon Jul 10 19:20:15 EDT 2000

You could probably do what you want with metasend, something
like this:

1)  Create a file ("message.txt") with descriptive info for your recipients.

2)  Put this file and all your images (I assume jpg's) in a directory.

3)  Type the following (one long command wrapped on 3 lines):

metasend -b -S 5000000 -s "jpg files for you" -t "recipient1, recipient2" \
-e 7bit -m text/plain -f message.txt \
`for i in *.jpg; do echo " -n -m image/jpeg -e base64 -f $i";done`

--Joe