[ale] Apache and cgi/perl "file not found" error

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Mon Jul 10 12:32:57 EDT 2000

Thank you for the response. As an experiment, I put the full path in the html
file (/home/httpd/cgi-bin/first.cgi) and it worked. Then I created a cgi-bin
directory off of the /home/httpd/htdocs directory and changed the call line
to:
<!--#exec cmd="cgi-bin/first.cgi" --> and that worked also.
               ^
               Removed the / from here

So, you are on the right track! Thank you!

I have this in my httpd.conf file:

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/httpd/cgi-bin/"
    <Directory "/home/httpd/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options ExecCGI Includes
        Order allow,deny