[ale] Building Linux manually

Gary Lawler axxess-spamgard. at denied.com
Fri Jul 7 22:32:27 EDT 2000

I have a disk with the basic boot up for linux. I downloaded the kernel
(2.2.16), the kernel patch, and the basic GNU utilities. I want to
partition the drive, install the kernel, bash, and lilo manually. Which
should I do first and how should I do it? What utilities to I need on
disk to make the partitions and format them for linux? Dose the kernel
have to go on the disk first before lilo or the other utilities? Please
help!!!
Thanks a head of time. All comments are wanted.

Gary Lawler
glawlert6 at yahoo.com