[ale] RedHat Installation

Robert Hoffman rob at frankenlinux.com
Thu Jul 6 21:42:53 EDT 2000

Jeff,

I had the exact thing happen to me twice today on two different boxes using the graphic install. One box was a Compaq and one was a Micron; neither had scsi. I switched over to the text install (which is what I usually use) and the problem went away. This really perplexes me since I've used the graphic install without problems before. If the text install doesn't work for you, try the new install disk available from RedHat's site.

If anyone knows what causes this, please let me know. In both cases I was installing minimal services (just networked workstation, network management workstation, development, & utilities.) I even checked the BIOS for annoying settings but found none.

-Rob Hoffman