[ale] USB Parallel Support

Fulton Green me at FultonGreen.com
Thu Jul 6 10:30:47 EDT 2000

It will *probably* work. There's generic support for USB printers in the
2.4.0-test kernel. It also has support for USB-to-parallel cables using the
Lucent USS-720 chip. However, the notes say that if you're using a cable
based on that chip to hook up a printer, to NOT compile it in as the chip
has an "automatic" operational mode to make the USB-to-parallel conversion
more transparent.

If you're not too keen on dealing with development code (which at this
point is actually quite useable), there should be some backport patches
available for the latest production kernel (2.2.17?) that provide the above
caps.