[ale] scripting (looping through filenames containing spaces)

Ben Phillips pynk at angband.org
Wed Jul 5 11:53:53 EDT 2000

Thanks bunches for all the help.  One final note for anyone else attempting
this foolhardy task:  fat32 isn't case-sensitive, even when Linux is
mounting it.  It just appears to be enough so to screw up bash's
tab-completion (grrr).  So if I have a directory called Documents and I run
'mv -i Documents documents', it will tell me the directory already exists.
To rename it, I have to do this:

  mv Documents Documents.booger
  mv Documents.booger documents

Of course, this assumes you don't have any files that are named the same as
another file, only with a .booger extension.  :)

                      __   _
Ben Phillips         /  '_' )         ,,,    "Bulls do not win bull fights;
pynk at angband.org     |  | ()|||||||||[:::)    people do.  People do not win
                     \__.-._)         '''     people fights; lawyers do."
                                                   -- Norman Augustine