[ale] Kppp and Mindspring

Scott Nolde smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Mon Jul 3 20:15:34 EDT 2000

I battled something similar last week... Between hand configuring it to
work and using Linuxconf, linuxconf won out.  Use only linuxconf.  That
worked for me.

Do you have an entry to your /etc/hosts for your username?
0.0.0.0 (username).user.mindspring.com

Also, I had better luck with ppp0 than ppp1.  ppp1 never was able to
connect properly according to the logs.  It somehow always tried to use
the interface ppp0.  ppp1 never happened.

- Scott

Douglas Bridges wrote:

> Here I am trying to get Kppp working with Mindspring. It dials in and
> connects. Then it says logging into network. The pppd daemon times out. I
> called Mindspring and made sure I had the correct settings for the DNS
> servers and such. Any ideas on what is wrong? I am using Corel Linux and it
> seems like my modem is working fine.
>
> Doug

Never do Windows again with  |  Scott M. Nolde
Linux!  No streaks, haze or  |  smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
glaze!                       |
8:10pm up 4:24, 1 user, load average: 1.02, 1.01, 1.00