[ale] keeping defaults when X restarts

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat Dec 30 20:43:29 EST 2000

hirsch at zapmedia.com wrote:

> Wandered Inn writes:
>  > hirsch at zapmedia.com wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Wandered Inn writes:
>  > >  > I've not been able to locate any xresources for defining start up values
>  > >  > for things like window borders (specifically no-borders), sticky, skip
>  > >  > windows list, and stacking (specifically on top).  When my machine
>  > >  > reboots, I've got a couple of things I'd like to have with no-borders,
>  > >  > sticky, not in the windows list and always on top (gkrellm for a couple
>  > >  > of machines and daliclock).
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Anyone know if these values exist, and if so, care to sell, er, share
>  > >  > them with me?
>  > >
>  > > All of these things are window manager dependant.  What window manager
>  > > or desktop are you using?  Each one will specify these in a different
>  > > way.
>  >
>  > Well, I was hoping that wasn't the case.  I'm using enlightenment.
>
> Good news:  Enlightenment is almost infinitely customizable, so I'm
> sure you can do all that.

Well, I've been using E for a while, and it appears that E and Gnome
don't always get along, so I'm not sure who is supposed to keep track of
this stuff, E or Gnome.  Right now, E crashes when I first login, I
select the 'restart E' button and it boots fine.  I've yet to figure
this one out.  Then again, since I generally leave myself logged in, I
haven't spent a LOT of time on this one.

> Bad news: I don't use it so I can't help you with it, but I'm sure
> someone on this list can.

Anyone?  Other than telling E to remember settings, that much I've
figured out.  I guess I need to figure out my E crashing problem first.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein