[ale] Video card for viewing cable

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Sat Dec 30 13:54:09 EST 2000

Subba Rao writes:

 > One of the spare machines has a ATI All-in-Wonder Pro AGP card. This card
 > supports Video on WindowXX world. It has CATV, A/V IN and A/V OUT. The chipset
 > on this card is "3D Rage Pro". Will this card support video on Linux? Initially,
 > I am looking for TV/Video viewing only on Linux. At a later stage, I may want
 > video out.

I used to use an All In Wonder Pro.  It was not the AGP version, but
otherwise sounds the same.  It did a nice job with tv viewing.  There
is a program for watching the tv, whose name may or may not be atitv.
The one tricky part is that you had to tell your X server that you have
less memory than your card really has.  Of course, this was about a
year ago.  Who knows what improvements have been made.

--Michael