[ale] IMAP troubles

Dave Brooks db at amorphous.org
Thu Dec 28 15:09:57 EST 2000

Greetings,

I'm having some trouble with cyrus-imap.  I installed the 1.6.11 RPM (which
should be more or less current), and corss-referenced what the RPM installed
with the documentation.  I had to regenerate by sendmail.cf with all the
cyrus delivery options, which I did, and I created a user with cyradm.  I'm
assuming the user and password you create with cyradm is the
username/password one would log in with when connecting to the IMAP server?

When I actually try and connect with a client, it fails.  It would seem like
the options that I added in my sendmail.cf were there to either completely
re-route or copy incoming mail into an IMAP mailbox, but it appears to just
be adding it into /var/spool/mail/<user> like usual.  Is this correct?  I
don't see any obvious location where the IMAP mailbox would be held.

-Dave
--
david anthony brooks
http://www.amorphous.org