[ale] Connecting through a Spring PCS???

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Dec 28 09:25:31 EST 2000

On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 11:42:19PM -0500, Anthony Yezzi wrote:
> just use their modem in Linux with a Sprint PCS. My wife bought me
> a new Sprint PCS phone along with the kit (it looks simply like a
> serial cable) required to use the PCS from one's laptop modem, and

I'd bet you $5 that it is nothimg more than a straight serial cable.

What kind of phone is it?  I know for a fact if I were to buy the cable
for my Sanyo 4000 (at $50, ick) it would appear to be just another
AT-compatible modem on the serial port...

So, hook it up to your laptop.  You may need to set up your phone (in my
case, I'd need to go to one of the setup menus) but once it's hooked up,
firing up minicom in /dev/ttyS0 ought to give you some results.. :)

I'm not sure what serial settings you'd need to use, but 38400-8N1 and
9600-8N1 sound like good initial choices.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344