[ale] Native Office Suties

Douglas Knudsen doug at cubicleman.com
Tue Dec 26 09:49:31 EST 2000

...and according to the Sun rep I spoke to at ALS, Sun is supposed to be
breaking the huge Star Office Iceberg into pieces as in Star Office 'Word',
etc...  IMHO, this will really help those us that do not have access to
PIIIs with 256MBs of memory.  As it stands currently, Star Office is a real
resource hog.  Back in Grad school, my dept had a bunch of Sparc Terminals
and a couple of Sparc 5s for us lowly grad students.  (the profs did not
have much more in the way of computing)  Trying to run StarOffice in an
environment such as that was awfull to say the least.

	   Thanks be to LaTeX!

--
Douglas Knudsen
Alltel Information Systems  <-- Hey! These views are MINE!