[ale] Anyone using RedHat 7.0, devfsd, and the updated glibc?

Stephen Pellicer spellicer at 8thlayer.net
Wed Dec 20 20:19:05 EST 2000

On 20 Dec 2000 19:43:45 -0500, Jim wrote:
> You just scared me away from downloading it. But what I did get is the
> new gcc which seems to be from 2.96 tree. This isn't even announced on
> the gcc home page, but I felt bitten by the compiler that came with Red
> Hat 7.0. I still haven't tried to compile anything, but I'll be happy to
> report the results.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on the glibc update. I haven't had problems
with the compiler. I get some extraneous warnings when compiling some
packages, but no errant effects from anything I've compiled (I guess I
should say no more erroneous when I was running 6.2). Only problem I saw
with the glibc update was with devfsd. Plus I've had problems with some
C++ programs as I think there's a problem with the >> operator that
traces back to the same problems causing devfsd to segfault, at least
from my cursory research.

Stephen