[ale] DSL Data Points (Long and meandering)

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Sat Dec 16 15:16:17 EST 2000

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, John Mills wrote:
>  Total Time: approx. 75 days including one delay by BellSouth and one by
>       NorthPoint. Doesn't sound too bad compared to some horror stories

Nov 7.  Stopped by charter communications office to schedule cable modem
install.  Install scheduled for between 4-6pm Nov9th.

Nov 9th.  3:50-4:15 Line guy shows up, splits the cable, plugs the cable
  modem in,  gets a two way signal. Leaves.  Says techs coming soon
  4:16 plug ethernet card into cable modem, on the net
  4:30 techs arrive - do obligitory setting up of e-mail accounts (the "we
        are required to do this or get fired"
  5:00 techs leave.

Of course, this doesn't cover the fact that they have been telling me
two-way service will be ready in my area "in a week or two" since March!