[ale] Scanners

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Dec 13 11:38:09 EST 2000

> "I. Herman" wrote:
>
> Could someone tell me how to get my scanner up and running in drake
> 7.2.
>
> In M$ it uses Twain32.

Twain won't tell you much as far as whether it's supported.  You need to
check out the sane sight:

http://www.mostang.com/sane/

Chances are, if it's scsi, it's supported.  usb is supported in some
cases, and parallel even fewer.  First check out:

http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-backends.html

To see if your scanner is listed, and/or fuctional.

Also, check out the following HOWTO doc:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO-22.html

Once you've done a bit of research, and you've figured out if yours is
supported, post again if you continue to have problems.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein