[ale] VMWare/KDE

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Wed Dec 13 09:36:39 EST 2000

Izzie,

the vmware is the 30-day version.  There is no free version.  I believe Vmware is $299 and $99 for educational.  I really like what vmware does.  I really hate the price.  It is more expensive than VirtualPC for the macintosh.  You can get more performance by spending the $299 on a real computer and a little extra for a 2 port KVM switch.  I used to use NT 4.0 as a guest in Vmware, but CorelDraw, Photoshop performce was horrible.  There was no USB support and getting parallel devices to work was a pain.  Charge $59.99 for the product and I'll buy it.  Take a look at Win4Lin and the Free version ov vmware.   I invite everyone on ale to talk about this subject and tell me why I should pay for it.

Chris