[ale] Alcatel DSL Modem Question

Jeb W Barger jeb_barger at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 18:49:08 EST 2000

I finally purchased the Alcatel Speedtouch @ home
modem on ebay for use with hellsouth service (Finally,
going to be able to put my linux box on).  But I have
run into a little snag.  There is a line or pin
switcher needed for the phone line to make it work.  I
am sure that hellsouth will not give/sell the part I
need, so I will have to re-order the wires in the
phone cord (I guess it will be like cat5 but
smaller)...Anyway, have line switcher for sale? or
know the order that the wires need to be in?

Thanks,

Jeb