[ale] PA RISC source

Chris Ricker chris.ricker at genetics.utah.edu
Fri Dec 8 00:07:48 EST 2000

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Gregory W.; Eckrich wrote:

> Good morning.  Anyone have a site for a PA-RISC linux distro?  I have
> visited HP's site and found nothing for their older 32 bit processors.

The PA-RISC port isn't yet to the point of having any distributions, as far
as I know.  Debian compiles their binaries for it, but they don't have
installer support....  Similarly, some of the RH developers have unofficial
recompiles of the RH userland, but again, no installer support.  It only
recently began merging into the official kernel tree....

At any rate, it is to the point where it kinda works, but you definitely
will have to be comfortable with bootstrapping a system.  Check out
<http://www.parisc-linux.org/> if you're still interested ;-)

later,
chris

--