[ale] Relaying denied...(help)

Carl Forsell cforsell at roman.net
Thu Dec 7 13:23:06 EST 2000

In my former employment (with and ISP) I dealt with this problem daily.  The
solution is to email your ISP and request that they add your domain name and
IP address to their "access" file. They  If they add the listing "
dentfirst.com    RELAY   " and " XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX    RELAY" (pulled from your
e-mail) to that file, the problem is gone (for now).

If they are not set up to read the acces file by domain name - just by IP,
every time you loose your DSL connection you will get a new IP address, and
that address will need to be added.  Some IPS's will add the class c that
you are in, so they will not have to edit the access file as often.