[ale] Qmail-vpopmail error

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Thu Dec 7 11:47:52 EST 2000

Hi Marty!
         Have you checked your /etc/inetd.conf to make sure that you don't
have a POP-3 service enabled there?

I have a similar problem, and had to blank out the pop-3 in my inetd.conf
and then restart my inet Daemon

Cheers!
Jay

At 11:03 AM 12/7/2000 -0500, Martin Nichols wrote:
>Good Afternoon,
>I am setting up a qmail server with the vpopmail program. The qmail server
>starts fine I have installed vpopmail and have used it to create a virtual
>domain and its users. When I try to start pop3d with the script...
>env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
>tcpserver -H -R 0 pop-3 \
>/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup my.domain.com \
>/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &
>I recieve the error "tcpserver: fatal: unable to bind: address already used"
>If this is important I am running Red Hat 6.2
>Any suggestions?
>
>Marty
>
>--

-----
Jay Finch                       : "There are two major products that
(770) 650-0410 (voice)          : come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX
horus at larp.com          : We do not believe this to be a
horus at spamcop.net               : coincidence."
MTBI Survey says: ENFJ  : --Jeremy S. Anderson
    Check out my home page at: http://www.photobooks.com/~horus/

To Decode:  http://www.ebb.org/ungeek/