[ale] Administrivia: restrict_post has been turned on

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Thu Dec 7 09:28:05 EST 2000

Being the one that originally made the "moderation" suggestion, I suppose I
should step into this ...

I look on the moderation capability below as an enhancement to the currently
implemented functionality (once it's working, of course :). If your addy
is legit, the listserv will let your message filter on through. The
moderation proposal is simply about bouncing a msg from an unknown addy to
a moderation team for review, as opposed to either letting it slide into
the bit bucket (BAD idea for newbie posters) or autosending a "s*bscription
required" msg (which may or may not deter spammers).

But before we can moderate, we need rules. Obviously, "Christian long-
distance" is way off-topic, but what about job postings and such?

BTW, sorry for the prev. test posting. I just *had* to do it, didn't I? :)