[ale] sendmail -mindspring-ISP ignorance

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Mon Dec 4 09:06:02 EST 2000

Many times I've placed the IP addresses in /etc/hosts to save time on V.90.  You are both correct.  If the SA relies on DNS and changes the IP of the server, that is okay as long as DNS is updated.  If the users has the old IP Address in /etc/hosts, they will not make a connection.   In the end, DNS names should be used, not IPs.

Chris