[ale] sendmail -mindspring-ISP ignorance

Armsby John-G16665 John.Armsby at motorola.com
Fri Dec 1 11:09:45 EST 2000

I now have sendmail working better.  I can send as root to root and that works.  I can send email outside of the mindspring.com domain.  I CAN NOT send email to my mindspring account.  Obviously this relay business and domain name is causing my sendmail to think that the mindspring account is part of the local host.  I guess it is not going to relay anything inside of mindspring.com  I THOUGHT I had removed any reference in my config files to mindspring.com, i.e. hosts file?  Since my Linux box is a DHCP setup, I should have NO DOMAIN listed anywhere?  That way any domain would be relayed to mindspring?

Getting there....... Thanks for your help.

John