[ale] idle activity timeout in Mandrake 7.1?

Wandered Inn esoteric at atlnet.com
Sun Aug 27 18:08:10 EDT 2000

Does Mandrake 7.1 have a login idle timeout?

I've got Mandrake 7.1 installed on a machine that I access removely.  If
I log in to the machine and leave it idle for a while, the next time I
go to that xterm and hit a return, I'm exitted and I receive a message
saying 'remote host terminated session.  I recall a while back in sysv
there was a way to set up such a timeout in /etc/password.  I've not
been able to find any documentation on this.

Anyone having a similar problem with this possible 'enhancement?'

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

Microsoft != Innovation