[ale] Disk Image Question

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Fri Aug 25 17:48:33 EDT 2000

Charles -

I'm not a big fan of the procedure myself, but a few people here have
indicated that what you are saying is essentially correct.  The effect
you're describing would basically walk around the reasons why Ghosting is
generally discouraged for machine-to-machine "brain transplants" for NT.
Now, you could obviously get yourself in trouble if you've compiled your
kernel a certain way or left out certain modules in your Ghost "donor" that
you might wind up needing later, but by the same token, you can turn that
into a strength by including additional drivers for NICs, etc.

- Jeff