[ale] internal vs external mail

Jim Kinney jkinney at teller.physics.emory.edu
Mon Aug 21 16:10:34 EDT 2000

I am trying to setup sendmail to support both internal and external mail.
The connection is dialup to mindspring. They will bounce mail if it lacks
a valid reverse-lookup (a good thing, spam killer) and they don't forward.

The problem is this: fetchmail grabs from pop3.mindspring. Secratary has
to filter and forward to internal addresses as needed. mail client
(eudora, arrrgghhh) can only use one smtp server to send from. Right now
they can use either internal mail, or external mail. Not both.

I need a way to have sendmail handle only the mail to local accounts and
pass along all the rest and have it look as if it comes from a mail
client so it can get pass the reverse-lookup problem with Mindspring.

O'Reilly's Sendmail is a hard read.

Any suggestions?

JimK