[ale] sendmail question

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Mon Aug 21 12:49:10 EDT 2000

Carl -

	> but they want to document that the material has
	> never left their
	> internal network.  (IPO type stuff)

That's quite a sticky wicket.

The simple fact is, regardless of the behavior of the DNS, sendmail, or any
other link in the chain, an e-mail will go where it's sent.  The
organization in question can walk around any such restriction by simply
adding an Internet recipient, deliberately or not.

If they want to do as you say they say, they need to be relying on
desk-to-desk encryption and/or separate mail systems for internal and
Internet mail.

- Jeff