[ale] Desktop conversion

Jonathan Feldman Jonathan at wpo.co.chatham.ga.us
Thu Aug 17 16:58:07 EDT 2000

Though no stranger to server-based linux, I've only recently converted my laptop to Linux.  I haven't run *nix as a desktop OS since the 80s, so much of this KDE thing is new to me.  (And I haven't even TRIED Gnome yet.)

Two questions:
First: Is there a good FAQ on keyboard shortcuts / how to make 'em just like Win98's?  F'rinstance, it drives me NUTS that I can't Tab/Ctrl-Tab through my subwindows in Netscape.  And, although F10 makes your menus activate, I'd really rather have ALT-<letter>.

Secondly: I know about iptraf and the other text-based analyzers, but does anyone know of a good GUI tool for network analysis?  (I'd actually be interested in both traditional Sniffer style, as well as statistical probe-based analysis.)  I'm using Sniffer and EcoScope at the moment, FWIW.

Cheers, and thanks.

--Jonathan
http://feldman.org