[ale] gateway (-gw) setting

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Thu Aug 17 13:13:12 EDT 2000

He is right, it is different on every machine as to where the scripts live
for setting things up at boot. However. On any linux machine you can say

route add default gw 192.168.1.1 metric 1

assuming that the gateway is of cousre 192.168.1.1 and it is on hop away
which is most always the case. If you wanted only to route a certian
network lets say you had two interface or something you could say

rotue add 192.168.1.0 gw 192.192.168.1.1 only packets on the 192.168.1
metwork will make use of the 192.168.1.1 gateway.

OK, hope that helped...

Ken