[ale] Red Hat Linux Information

Robert Hoffman rob at frankenlinux.com
Thu Aug 17 04:38:22 EDT 2000

I haven't taken any Linux courses at all so I can't give you the direct answer you are looking for. I can suggest a book: "The RedHat Linux Bible". I browsed through this several times about 6 months ago an was very impressed with it. It was published for version 6.1 (I think) but it makes little difference. (I was fairly familiar with Linux by then so browsing was all I needed.)

I have found that persistence is what really pays off. Hoffman rule #2 is that You must bend the computer to your will.

Also, reading the HOWTO's and hitting Deja usually answer's any question you might have. Most major applications also have very responsive mailing lists.

Above all it helps to have a mentor.

-Rob